I made this chocolate peanut butter ice cream pie with my friend’s kids when they came over during the holiday weekend, and it was so perfect! We ate it after a heavy holiday meal, and even though you’d think that a warm dessert is what you’d want when you’re all bundled up indoors on a freezing, windy December night, a frozen dessert can be surprisingly refreshing.
I’m sure the pie would look fabulous if you serve it on these festive dessert plates!
1 large graham cracker crust (I used the Keebler Ready Crust with 2 Extra Servings)
2 pints vanilla ice cream, softened
1/3 cup chocolate syrup (such as Hershey’s)
1/3 cup molasses
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 package of graham crackers OR 1.5 cups graham cracker crumbs
1. Spread ice cream in crust and freeze until firm.
2. Meanwhile combine chocolate syrup, molasses and peanut butter in a small bowl (I used my large measuring cup because of it’s easy-pour spout).
3. Pour chocolate mixture over pie, spreading evenly.
4. Create a shape (Christmas tree, snowman, menorah, etc.) using the whole graham crackers on top of the pie, or sprinkle crushed graham cracker crumbs over pie.
5. Freeze at least 3 hours or until firm.