The best wedding favors are the ones that guests won’t leave behind. We saw a lot of edible DIY wedding favors on reception tables last year, and that trend is still going strong this year! We love the idea of giving guests a little pick-me-up for the night or a treat to take home with them. Not to mention that edible favors are typically more affordable than others, so we definitely give them our Smarty stamp of approval.
Take the stress out of finding your wedding favors and try our DIY! We’ve put together a tasty white hot chocolate kit for your guests to cozy up with at your winter reception. What’s better than a cup of warm wishes from the new Mr. and Mrs.?
What you need:
- white hot chocolate mix
- white chocolate chips
- mini spoons – we used our 5″ Shiny Plastic Mini Tasting Spoons
- plastic bags
- plastic coffee mugs – we used our 8 oz Platinum Rim Mugs
- white ribbon – we used our 3/8″ Satin Edged Organza Ribbon
- printables – we’ve included ours below for you to use 🙂
- Place the plastic bag inside the plastic coffee mug and fill the bottom with white hot chocolate mix.
- Add a layer of white chocolate chips and then marshmallows.
- Tie the plastic bag closed with a piece of ribbon. Slip the printable tag on the ribbon and tie it in a bow. (You’ll need to punch holes at the top of each tag)
- Place a mini spoon in the mug. We dipped our mini spoons in white chocolate and sprinkled them with gold sugar crystals!
Smarty Party Tip: Don’t make your favors too far in advance. You want them to be fresh the day of the wedding. A few days in advance should be just fine.
If you’re looking for more DIY wedding favors, check out our DIY Succulent Wedding Favors blog.
Much Party Love, Smarties!
Styling: Jackie Carper, Andrea Roewe, Ashley Dolan