One of the most prevalent topics we discuss with our customers is how to have a rockin’ party while respecting the planet. Epic events don’t have to be wasteful or harmful to the environment. We’ve got five easy steps to being a more eco-friendly host.
- Use green party supplies. Biodegradable and compostable wares are the best way to set your tables with sustainability that doesn’t sacrifice style. Check out our eco-friendly dinnerware, including plates, bowls, utensils, accessories and more.
- Forego flowers for more sustainable options. Fresh-cut flowers are a staple of table decor, but they’re an accent that comes with a high price tag…for your wallet and the environment. Instead, try building a centerpiece with beautiful citrus fruit or using sustainable succulents to decorate your place settings.
- Reuse, reuse, reuse. We know, these aren’t the 3 Rs. But it’s a key mantra to lightening your party’s footprint and cutting down your contribution to landfills. Try gifting your used linens to a bride or event planner in need, purchasing reusable partyware, and donate any unused goods to a classroom for arts and crafts projects.
- Light up the night with LEDs. Ditch the tacky (and dangerous) cords running under tables or through the garden for a more renewable resource. Use these classy and energy-efficient LED accessories to shed some light on your next event.
- Don’t let leftovers go to waste. We often over-order food in fear of not having enough to feed all our guests, but letting extra food go to waste is such a tragedy! Send your guests home with unopened bottles of wine, or give them stylish take out containers they can use to pack up a box of their favorites for lunch tomorrow.