Jalapeno…Bacon…Mushroom. YUM! This recipe and it’s stunning photos belong to A Cozy Kitchen. Thanks Adrianna!
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
12 whole Mushrooms, Large
¼ cups Panko Bread Crumbs
1 Tablespoon Butter
3 slices Thick Cut Bacon, Chopped
1 whole Jalapeno, Minced
¼ cups Diced Yellow Onion
1 clove Garlic, Minced
1 ounce, weight Cream Cheese
2 ounces, weight Cheddar Cheese
¼ teaspoons Salt
¼ teaspoons Fresh Ground Pepper
1. In a small bowl, combine the panko bread crumbs with the melted butter. Toss until evenly coated. Set aside.
2. Heat the oven to 350 F.
3. Carefully clean and stem the mushrooms. Set the caps on a small baking sheet. Chop the stems and set aside.
4. In a small pan over medium heat, cook the chopped bacon until crisp. Add the chopped vegetables and mushroom stems and cook until softened, about five minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside to cool slightly.
5. In a medium bowl, mix the shredded cheese with the cream cheese until well combined. Add the warm vegetable mixture and mix well.
6. Divide the filling evenly between the mushrooms. Top with the buttered panko mixture.
7. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and the topping is golden brown.