There’s not much better than fresh squeezed lemonade on a sunny day. But THIS is better: lemonade + strawberries and basil! In their early summer prime, strawberries’ ripe juices make the perfect addition, and basil brings great flavor to the mix. For a fun refreshing drink the whole family can enjoy, you just have to give this strawberry basil lemonade recipe a try!
Strawberry Basil Lemonade
What you need: serves 4
- 1 cup strawberries, stemmed and hulled
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup simple syrup (1 cup water + 1 cup sugar)
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup basil
- basil sprigs and lemon wheels for garnish
- Puree strawberries, basil, 1/4 cup lemon juice in blender. Strain into pitcher.
- Stir 3/4 cup lemon juice, 1/2 cup simple syrup, water,
- Chill before serving. Garnish with lemon wheel and basil sprig.
What’s your favorite summer cool down recipe?
Much Party Love, Smarties!
Styling: Ashley Dolan